The Deployment Project Manager is responsible for assisting Project Managers (PM) and the Business Transition Team in coordinating the activities of a project and/or deployment to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met under the direction of the PM and Business Transition Manager (BTM). The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of software deployment experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager in all phases and aspects of the project.
- Provide support and direction to client staff.
- Follow company best practices.
- Prepare and assist with all deployment planning meetings.
- Help define all short interval and overall project schedules.
- Ensure the most up to date scopes of work are documented.
- Assist PM in the deployment of the overall project schedule.
- Review specifications to become completely familiar with the project and identify long lead times and critical path items.
- Assist in the development of end user training plans.
- Follow up on all overdue tasks and escalate any issues to the PM/BTM.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Exceptional analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid documentation skills.
- Must be highly organized – demonstrated success managing multiple tasks with laser focus on detail as well as proven project management experience with ability to establish and meet objectives on time.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in IT, Networking or similar field required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Retail industry knowledge preferred.